GDPR and T&C's
For the purposes of the competition, the child’s name and age will be collected alongside the contact method (phone number or email address) for the child’s parent or carer who is consenting to their entry. All personal data collected will be held and stored securely by DP World London Gateway (DPW) and will not be used for any other purposes other than administrating this competition. The data may be shared with Essex Wildlife Trust, Castle Point Motors and Thurrock Council who are working alongside DPW to develop the competition. The winner’s information may be shared with a third party who will be digitising the winner’s logo. The data held by the DPW will be destroyed within 4 weeks of the announcement of the winner of the competition.
Terms & Conditions
1. All children submitting an entry must have a parent’s or a carer’s permission to take part in the competition.
2. This competition is open to children who attend a school in South Essex.
3. Entries can be submitted directly to the schools, libraries or email either by scanning the completed template document or taking a photo of the template document.
4. The submitted picture must be accompanied by the child's first name, the child's age and the email address or phone number of a parent or carer in the designated area of the template.
5. The competition will close midnight on Friday 22 October 2021, winners will be announced by the 26th November 2021.
6. One winning entry will be selected by the Council, Essex Wildlife Trust, Castle Point Motors and DPW the winning child’s parent or carer will be notified through the contact method provided (email or phone).
7. If the winner is contacted by phone, this will appear as a withheld number on their caller ID – we will make 3 attempts to contact the winner and if a response is not received within 3 working days, an alternative entry will be selected.
8. The winning child will be asked if they are willing to take part in publicity – including a photograph or video – for the outcome of the competition and promotion on the website and social media
9. All personal data collected will be held by the council and will not be used for any other purposes other than administrating this competition – the data held by DPW will be destroyed within 4 weeks of the announcement of the winner the competition.
10. The logo will be used for the benefit of the Oceans Together Forum in perpetuity, including for the Environmental Schools Programme where more information can be found at: www.enviroschoolsporgramme.com. Once the logo designed for the competition is submitted, the child and the parent or carer designated on the form, grants a royalty free, irrevocable, perpetual and non-exclusive right to use and reproduce the logo to DPW for its use in the Oceans Together Forum (and shall procure the grant of such rights to DPW for the benefit of the Oceans Together Forum as is necessary), and waives any rights or claim it has to the use of the logo.